126 Glades View, Newry Maine
Here is rare find: a five bedroom home with a backyard of 192 privately-owned acres! With views of Sunday River Ski Resort and of Grafton Notch the positioning in Great Brook Preserve couldn't be any better, here's why:
Asking Price for Land & Home: $695,000
Asking Price for Land: $179,900
Three Rare Features of the house:
1. Attached, two bay garage with direct entry to finished basement: Believe it or not, most of the second homes in ski country do not have a garage. Not only does 126 Glades View have one, but it is attached for direct entry into the basement. With plenty of room for two, full-sized vehicles and storage at the front of the garage, this feature makes muddy boots or snowy bindings much less of a concern.
2. South Facing Deck: This large deck spans the entire length of the house and offers ideal sun exposure for enjoying the sunrise and the sunset. This passive design helps to warm the home by offering additional living space for our door meals, lounging or yoga. There is a hot tub hook up beneath the deck too for anyone interested in installing a tub!
3. Two Master Suites: Bring on the in-laws! There's plenty of room for them here with a main level master suite as well as an additional suite on the second floor. If you need it, there is space for you to convert a third suite by simply giving up one of the two closets. If you prefer, you could park the in-laws in the finished basement as there is plenty of room down there too!
... And the Land:
1. Dirt Road Access: There is a mile long dirt road which cuts through the center of the parcel. This road is in surprisingly good condition and is currently used for recreational enjoyment. Think of it as your own private playground. Glades, chutes and trails dart off from this road which serves as the main artery though the parcel.
2. Backed by the ITS trail: This 190+ acre parcel is surrounded by blocks of conservation land and also backs to the ITS snowmobile trail so from here, you can take off through t0 Canada, New Hampshire or Maine!
3. 22 Pre-Approved Lots: If you are interested in potentially developing the land in the future or selling off lots as a future investment, there is opportunity for that. This parcel was originally designed as Phase 4 of Great Brook Preserve and it was purchased privately in it's entirety. There is room here to invest, hold or privately enjoy! Whatever your goals are, this land allows for it.